3D printer reprap Geeetech RAMPS-FD shield
3 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
When you use Arduino Due as the controller of your 3D Printer, you may find the RAMPS1.4 is not compatible with DUE.As you know the Arduino Due is a microcontroller board based on the Atmel SAM3X8E ARM Cortex-M3, the importance is the Atmel SAM3X8E chip used on the Due operates at 3.3V,worse applying 5V to the Due's inputs will likely damage the chip.
So we create a new RAMPS variant which is compatible with the Due to replace Ramps1.4.
Why should I use Ramps-FD instead of Ramps1.4 ?
Campare Ramps-FD with Ramps1.4,the Improvements of Ramps-FD are below
1. The RAMPS-FD has other hardware protection, through the jumper cap control motor drive IC
2. The RAMPS-FD Much more than Ramps1.4 2-way PWM
3. The RAMPS-FD has Larger driving power than Ramps1.4
4. The RAMPS-FD 'POWER has two choices:12v and 24v
Why should I select Arduino DUE instead of Arduino Mega ?
1. CPU operates at 3.3V
2. High-current IO pins are capable of 15 mA source, 9 mA sink
3. Low-current IO pins capable of 3 mA source, 6 mA sink
4. CPU package has an absolute max of 130mA
5. The Due has 1 dedicated SPI port, and 4 multipurpose USART/SPI ports. The SPI port is only routed to the 6 pin header used for ICSP on Mega, but this is not used for ICSP on Due
6.The Due does not have any EEPROM
7. Due has lower power, computing faster and flash, sram bigger than mega2560
1 × RAMPS-FD Shield for Arduino DUE
No customer comments for the moment.